Guest Post Catherine Carrigan : It’s Not Where You’ve Been, It’s Where You Are Going
Hi Everyone,This week I am sharing another blog post from the website one of my favorite authors, and someone I am proud to call my friend.Catherine Carrigan, author of What Is Healing? Awaken Your Intuitive Power for Health and Happiness, http://amzn.to/GRTW7z, a Health Intuitive, wrote this blog post.
You can find out more about Catherine and her wonderful new book on her blog, www.catherinecarrigan.com Catherine’s book is also available on Amazon as an audio book. Catherine’s book, What Is Healing? Awaken Your Intuitive Power for Health and Happiness, has been consistently trending Number 1 as a Best Seller on Amazon in two categories – medicine and psychology and alternative medicine reference books.
Here is Catherine’s blog:
It’s Not Where You’ve Been, It’s Where You Are Going Posted on Feb 12, 2014 by Catherine Carrigan
Too often in life, our past consumes us, mentally, emotionally and energetically. What other people did or did not do. What we did or did not do. Things we appear to have missed out on. Prayers that seemingly went unanswered. Resources we believe we might have needed but didn’t have. “Accidents” that apparently happened. When we focus so much of our energy in this way – on what happened in the past – we actually steal energy from where we are going.
We are so energetically and emotionally encumbered that we have little to no energy to run the present, much less move forward courageously into our future. We feel exhausted and depressed. If 50 percent of your chi is in the past, how can you move forward full on? It’s not about where you have been – what’s important now is where you are going. Why is this the case? If you listen to the story about your past, more than likely you will hear the story about your wounding.
The truth is, your wounds can stop you in your tracks or they can even kill you if you let them. Your wounds can either be the place where you allow the light to get in or where you shut down totally and never grow out, grow up or move on. How do you stay focused on where you are going?
1. Recognize that you have gifts that you alone are here to give the rest of the world. Ask yourself, “What would happen if I wasn’t here to make my contribution?”
2. Focus on who you are serving. Chances are there may be others on a similar path, but only you can contribute your specific vibration. Even if 100 other people are saying the same thing, maybe somebody needs to hear your message the specific way you say it. Maybe someone needs to receive your energy in the way that only you can deliver it. Recognize that your purpose is bigger than you, it’s bigger than we and it’s all about US.
3. Realize that it took inner strength to get you as far as you have already come in your life. Call on this strength to move forward. If you have overcome even one challenge in your life so far, you can use those very same inner resources to move forward in every other area.
4. Honor the truth that you are not your challenges, you are not your illness, you are not your wounds. You are a soul with limitless resources.
5. Know that there is no such thing as a vacuum anywhere in the universe. That means that you already possess everything you need to move forward in this moment. Even if it’s just a phone number, you have what you need right now to move ahead in this instant.
6. Instead of becoming overwhelmed by the enormity of any challenge, simply ask yourself, “What’s my next step today?”
7. Motivate yourself with positive thoughts. When I was writing my second book, What Is Healing? Awaken Your Intuitive Power for Health and Happiness (Total Fitness: Atlanta, 2013), I knew that my first book was the best-selling book of the original publisher and had been translated into Chinese.
I knew that I had the ability to write from my heart in a way that is transformative for other people. As I was writing my book, I kept telling myself, “Knock it out of the park.” In other words, I knew what I was capable of, and I went for it.
My book went to No. 1 in two categories on Amazon in 2013 and so far has 20 five-star reviews. I dug deep inside, wounds and all. One of the best ways to have a great attitude is to bless your past and move forward anyway. It’s not where you’ve been, it’s where you are going.
Thank you, Catherine!
Posted by Deborah McTiernan Author of Lilly Noble & Actual Magic Paranormal books for teenagers Dares readers to believe in themselves and discover the magic within!